Friday, July 31, 2009

When life gives you lemons...

You know how the old phrase goes..."When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

Well that is what we are going to do!

As some of you may know already my step-mother, Heather, passed away unexpectedly earlier this week. The funeral is on sunday so we are leaving tonight.

Jesse and I have been trying to plan a trip to North Carolina to see my family and bring the kids to the ocean for a couple years now.The trip keeps getting pushed back to "the next summer" due to a number of unforseen circumstances. There is no more next summer, the time is now...

We have made plans to spend time with my family for a couple days after the funeral. My brother Ricky, who I havent seen in over 10 years, if flying back from South Korea. Prescilla was 6 the last time I saw her !!!

Jesse and I have made plans to spend Monday(maybe tuesday) in Atlantic Beach, NC on the ocean front. Izzy is already planning on going shell hunting and Jackson wants to go surfing. Josh and Amanda have been at church camp all week so we are not sure what they have planned. They are aware of what has happened, and I am sure they have come up with some "plans". Jesse bought a new "bigger" storage card for her camera as she plans on taking hundreds of pictures, that she hopes to share when we return home.

It is sad life changing events like this that remind us all how short life can be...

Celebrate life for what it is, not what it isn't and while you are here...Live...Laugh...Love as much as you can !!!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Well said! I will be thinking of all of you! Hope you have a nice trip even though it is not the way you hoped to spend your time down there. Take care of yourselves!

Lori said...

Jeremy and family, I'm sorry to hear about your step-mother. I hope you had a safe trip and were able to enjoy the time with your family.