Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Day





Another sign of the Summer being gone. It was the annual Apple day at the Eckhoff orchard. Amanda has been a guest Eckhoff that day for years. This year we all took part in the day! And what a fun day it was. We started off in the orchard picking apples. I think the tally was something like 20-25 buschels of apples. Thats alot of apples. After that Judy treated us to a wonderful lunch and the peeling began! I think in all we made 30 pies and 30 apple crisp. Something like that anyway. The kids had a blast, everyone was super patient with Izzy, we all know how quiet she can be.....she took over the sign in book, telling people if they didnt sign it, they had to leave. Judy let her take a turn trying to roll out the pie dough. She did a good job. The super star was Josh. He started rolling dough and was quite the pie maker. They tell me that not everyone is able to make pie and that he was a natural.
All in all. It was a great day spending time with family and friends. I am very thankful to have been invited.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Maybe he could go into business for the holidays and earn some money. I would gladly order a couple of apple pies for Thanksgiving. I have plenty of apples for him to use. Or perhaps he will branch out into pumpkin, pecan or one of those fluffy chocolaty pies. I can't make pie crust, even those store bought ones that you line a pie pan with, never turn out. I have to use the frozen pre-made ones.

Lori said...

Yum! That's all I have to say. :)